Our Chief Justice publicly declared at a High Court hearing on March 31, 2021: ” I’m $5,000 an hour if you want to talk to me privately” Is this True?
1) Why was this openly said by the Chief Justice at a Court Hearing?
2) Can a Chief Justice be legally given $5,000 an hour for a private talk?
3) Has anyone paid the Chief Justice for a private talk?
4) Does taking $5,000 an hour for a private talk compromise the integrity of the Judiciary?
5) Does taking $5,000 an hour for a private talk compromise the impartiality of the Judiciary?
6) Does taking $5,000 an hour for a private talk compromise our confidence in the Judiciary?
7) Does a Chief Justice taking $5,000 an hour for a private talk appear improper?
8) Is it improper for the Chief Justice to take $5,000 an hour for a private talk?
For The Record: American Bar Association Judicial Code of Conduct:
ABA Judicial Code of Conduct
Canon 1: A judge shall uphold and promote the independence, integrity, and impartiality of the judiciary, and shall avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety.
Rule 1.1 Compliance With The Law
A judge shall comply with the law,* including the Code of Judicial Conduct.
Rule 1.2: Promoting Confidence in the Judiciary
A judge shall act at all times in a manner that promotes public confidence in the independence,* integrity,* and impartiality* of the judiciary, and shall avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety.
Tao Steven Jay Pincus Hueter