The Department of Health has now issued a new travel advisory in response to the rapid spread of COVID-19 or Coronavirus and on going measles surveillance. The new advisory goes into effect March 9.
Samoa Airways and Talofa Airways are only allowed two flights per airline per day. At present both airlines are flying 4 flights per day.
All charter flights will be denied entry into American Samoa until further notice.
Talofa Airways weekly flight between American Samoa and Tonga is suspended until further notice.
All entry permits are suspended until further notice except for returning residents with valid immigration IDs or Immigration Board approval.
Travelers from American Samoa to Samoa are required to have:
- proof of MMR vaccination 14 days before travel.
- health clearance from Tafuna Health Clinic 3 days before travel
- residents staying more than 3 days in Samoa must acquire a health clearance from Samoa Ministry of Health before arrival in American Samoa.
Travelers from American Samoa going beyond Samoa (eg Australia, Fiji, New Zealand , Tonga etc.) and returning:
- must spend 14 days in Samoa
- acquire a health clearance only from the Ministry of Health 3 days before arrival in American Samoa
- provide proof of MMR vaccination 14 days before entry in American Samoa.
For all travelers including American Samoa residents traveling from and transiting through any of the COVID-19 affected US states you will be required to
- spend 14 days in Hawaii
- acquire a health clearance 3 days before entry in American Samoa and
- provide itinerary at check in counter in Hawaii and upon arrival in American Samoa.
The same requirements apply to all travelers including American Samoa residents traveling from and transiting through affected foreign countries.
Cruise ships are banned from the territory until further notice.
DOH strongly recommends that all persons intending to travel to any US state and foreign countries affected by the COVID-19 to postpone their travel unless necessary.
Symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, cough and shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
The travel advisory is subject to change due to the daily COVID-19 updates. Click here for the complete travel advisory